Holmgang. The Islands of Trials
The Islands of Trials consist of five archipelagos. Each of them includes the following:
- A central island: Jarls can protect their Towns with a Peace Treaty while in this location.
- The Dark Swamps: six small islands around the central island. They have Forts on them — Fortresses that Clans must defend and attack in turn during the course of the Competition. Read more about them in the "Holmgang. Forts" subsection.
You can't be in the Dark Swamps and have a Peace Treaty active in your Town at the same time. Once you relocate to the Dark Swamps, the Peace Treaty will be deactivated automatically.
You can relocate within the territory of all the Islands using the Relocation item. You can also attack other Jarls' Towns and send Onslaughts and scouts to them.
The map of the Islands has all the features of the Global Map (the Navigator, landmarks, the mini-map, etc.) except for the following:
- You cannot proceed to the Clan Stronghold from the Global Map on the Islands of Trials.
- When using the Navigator, you can only search for other Jarls' Towns.
- The mini-map shows your clanmates, your opponents, your Clan's Forts, and the opposing Clan's Forts.
Read more about these features in the Global Map section, in the Mini-map subsection.
On the Islands of Trials, Vikings can use Homeland Chat and Clan Chat.
The following rules apply on the Islands of Trials:
- The Chief cannot disband the Clan or transfer power to a clanmate.
- Jarls cannot quit their Clan, create a new one, or join another Clan.
- The Chief and the Elders can expel a Jarl from the Clan. In this case, the Jarl will remain on the Islands of Trials but won't be able to attack Forts or send reinforcements.
- Jarls earn Soul Shards for killing all warriors except for those belonging to Vikings from their home Kingdom.
Get in touch. We'll be happy to help!Ask a question